1. They recruit from both the active and passive talent marketplace. This helps increase the quality of new hires. Passive candidates represent the 85% of people who are currently employed and successful in their jobs and are not actively seeking new jobs. The advantage of using staffing agencies is they can call into a client’s competitors to find talent and bring forth the best candidates. This is one of the main reasons many companies choose to pay recruiting fees.
2. Recruiting agencies have large databases of candidates to find top talent fast. Since they’re interacting with candidates all the time, their database of resumes becomes their go-to recruiting tool. The benefit of this database is they can find the proper candidates in a shorter time period than posting on job boards and waiting for the right people to apply.
3. Staffing agencies offer guarantees. If the candidate leaves the job within 90 days, then staffing agencies will replace the candidate with another suitable one. Staffing agencies also know how to find candidates that are the right fit, both in terms of skills and culture, so their chances of having a candidate leave a new position is typically very low.
4. Staffing agencies are compensated based on their performance and placements, not activity. Internal HR employees are usually paid a base salary with small bonuses paid on performance. Many recruiters are paid strictly on commission, so recruiters have the incentive to go the extra mile to find the top people and are also incentivized to ensure these candidates stay with client.
5. Improved productivity. HR employees have their hands filled with finding candidates, setting up interviews, payroll, benefits and many administrative duties. Recruiting agencies can free-up their time by taking on the workload of qualifying and vetting candidates. This is especially true when targeting passive candidates, because these candidates are working full-time and finding a way to get in contact with them is a highly-refined skill that recruiters can do more efficiently than a company’s internal HR team. Even with the additional cost of contingency fees, the time saved by using a recruiting agency may be worth more than the company having done it themselves.
6. Increased flexibility. If a company is opening new divisions and growing rapidly, it can add more staff quickly by using a staffing agency. If they relied on an internal HR team, they would have to hire additional HR professionals first and then wait for them to find the new employees. This entire process could take up to several months. By using a recruiting agency, if a company needs to scale up or down they can do so easily without having the overhead of an entire HR team.
About ARC Group©
At ARC Group, we focus on helping our clients grow by offering a unique blend of staffing, employment and temp services in the talent acquisition space. Our services include helping clients find the best talent for contract, temp to perm, and permanent placement opportunities. We also offer a unique and trademarked research recruitment solution, Recruitment Intelligence™, as well as retained, contingency and consulting services.
With our proven 7 stage end-to-end recruitment process we provide unsurpassed quality that most employment and temp staffing agencies are unable to offer. With over a hundred employees and a score of locations throughout the country, we have asserted ourselves as a leader in the recruitment, staffing, employment and consulting sectors.